All coaches or on ice volunteers for the St. Louis Lady Cyclones must meet the following requirements:
1. Active USA Hockey Registration
2. USA Hockey Coaches Certification
All Cyclones coaches must have a USA Hockey Coaching Certification appropriate for the age group being coached:
- Girls 10 and under - Level 1
- Girls 12 and under - Level 2 (pre-requisites Level 1)
- Girls 14 and under - Level 3 (pre-requisites Level 1 and 2)
- Girls 16 and under - Level 3 (pre-requisites Level 1 and 2)
- Girls 19 and under - Level 3 (pre-requisites Level 1 and 2)
- ***If a Team has an older player playing down a level for development reasons the coaching staff must also have the age module for the older age group as well.
If you are interested in coaching an age level for which you do not have the required coaching certification, you may still be allowed to coach that age group provided you have the appropriate pre-requisites and are registered for one of the fall USA Hockey Coaching Clinics.
USA Hockey Coaching Certifications must be current, not expired. You can check your certification status with USA hockey.
3. USA Hockey Age Specific Modules
4. USA Hockey Goalie Module
Link: USA Hockey Age Specific Modules
As a part of this program we are going to require every Lady Cyclones coach to have the Goalie Specific Module.
5. USA Hockey SafeSport Training
All Lady Cyclones coaches must complete the SafeSport training every year. USA Hockey will reject rosters containing coaches who have not taken or have not renewed their SafeSport training.
6. USA Hockey National Level Background Screening
KEY SCREENING DETAILS (From USA Hockey Website)
All new screens submitted through the new NCSI national screening program after April 1, 2020, will be valid for two seasons. For example, a screen submitted and approved on April 15, 2020, will be valid through the end of the 2021-22 season, which is August 31, 2022.
7. St. Louis Lady Cyclones Registration
All Lady Cyclones coaches must register with the club annually, providing all of the information outlined above. Information on registration will be available each fall prior to the start of each season.